Redarc BCDC1225D. 12V 25A DC-DC Battery Charger - Alternator & Solar Inputs
REDARC BCDC1225D Charger
This in-vehicle Battery Charger is the next generation in REDARC's DC to DC charging technology, with additional features that make it the most advanced dual battery charger on the market.
Featuring a Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) solar regulator, the BCDC1225D will charge from both solar and the alternator simultaneously. With built-in 'Green Power Priority' it will select solar charging first, meaning less load on the alternator.
Suitable for 12 or 24-volt vehicle systems, the unit will also work with either standard or variable/smart alternators.
The BCDC1225D also comes with patented charging profiles, including a lithium charging profile. The 'Dual' input range will continue to charge all other types of batteries including AGM, GEL, standard lead acid and calcium.
As a guide, the BCDC1225D is used for battery bank sizes of 75-200AH.
Proven and Tested
The award-winning technology in the BCDC has been independently verified and tested to ensure battery life is maximised, charging your battery to a proven 100%.
Built in Australia and tested for our unique conditions, the DC to DC battery charger will work in the extreme heat of the Simpson Desert, up to 80°C and can handle deep water crossings at Cape York – water, dust and vibration are no match for this charger.
Separate DC and solar charging inputs
Maximises the performance and life of your auxiliary battery
Simultaneous DC and solar charging with Green Power Priority
Suits 12V/24V standard and variable voltage/smart alternators
Suitable for AGM, GEL, standard lead acid, calcium and LiFePO4 batteries
Why use the BCDC1225D over a Voltage Sensing Relay?
1. If the distance between your start and auxiliary batteries is significant, the voltage drop across a long cable run can be enough to prevent your auxiliary battery charging. The BCDC1225D will increase lower voltages (minimum 9V) up to the required charging voltage.
2. The BCDC is also 3 stage charger so it will charge your battery perfectly. Most VSR charging systems only charge batteries up to around 85%.
3. The BCDC1225 will adjust the charging voltage based to the type of battery installed (e.g. Gel / AGM / VRLA).
4. Unlike VSRs, the BCDC1225D will charge 12V batteries from a 24V vehicle bank.
Input: 9 – 32V DC
Efficiency: Typically 95%
Output Current: 25A nominal
Output Power (max): 375W
No Load Current: <100mA
Standby Current: <8mA
Dimentions (mm): 165 x 120 x 37
If it’s worth having a second battery, it’s worth protecting it with the Redarc in-vehicle charger.
FOR ORDERS UNDER $399 VALUE:
Urban Delivery $9.90
Rural Delivery $14.90
FOR ORDERS OVER $399 VALUE: Free Delivery *
* We reserve the right to revise the free delivery offer on some bulky items (for example, a large fridge travelling to Te Anau). In this case, we will endeavor to offer a subsidized freight cost. If the delivery address is outside the North and South Islands (eg. Waiheke, Great Barrier, Stewart Islands), please contact us for a freight quote.
WE ONLY SEND ORDERS WITHIN NEW ZEALAND. If the delivery address is outside the North or South Islands (eg. Waiheke, Great Barrier, Stewart Islands), please contact us for a freight quote. Our automated online freight pricing only applies to North & South Island locations.
DELIVERY TIMES are estimates only and may be extended by factors outside our control.
North Island (2-4 working days)
North Island Rural (3-5 working days)
South Island (2-5 working days)
South Island Rural (3-6 working days)
Redarc BCDC2420. 24V 20A DC-DC Battery ChargerSpecial Price $885.00 Regular Price $999.00
Redarc BCDC1240D. 12V 40A DC-DC Battery Charger - Alternator & Solar InputsSpecial Price $799.00 Regular Price $850.00
Redarc BCDC1220. 12V 20A DC-DC Battery ChargerSpecial Price $610.00 Regular Price $745.00