Redarc BCDC1220. 12V 20A DC-DC Battery Charger
Redarc BCDC1220 features:
The BCDC in-vehicle charger is a three stage, 12V, 20A, DC-DC battery charger that operates from an input between 9V and 32V DC. It is designed to charge any commonly used automotive battery back up to 100%. It will also act as a battery isolator and protect the start battery, should the voltage get too low.
The input voltage of the Smart Start BCDC can be above, below or equal to the output voltage. This makes it ideal for charging a 12V auxiliary battery from another 12V supply when the distance from the main battery may cause a significant voltage drop in the supply cable. It is also perfect for 24V to 12V charging.
Compact in size and easy to install and is fully sealed making it suitable for installation in harsh environments or marine applications.
3 Stage DC-DC Battery Charger
Will isolate starting battery when engine is off
Super quiet operation
Charges AGM, Gel, Calcium content, VRLA and Standard Lead Acid batteries
Saves you money by maximising battery life
Why use the BCDC1220 over a Voltage Sensing Relay:
1. If the distance between your start and auxiliary batteries is significant, the voltage drop across a long cable run can be enough to prevent your auxiliary battery charging. The BCDC1220 will increase lower voltages (minimum 9V) up to the required charging voltage.
2. The BCDC is also 3 stage charger so it will charge your battery perfectly. Most VSR charging systems only charge batteries up to around 85%.
3. The BCDC1220 will adjust the charging voltage based to the type of battery installed (e.g. Gel / AGM / VRLA).
4. Unlike VSRs, the BCDC1220 will charge 12V batteries from a 24V vehicle bank.
Input: 9 – 32V DC
Efficiency: Typically 95%
Output Current: 20A nominal
Output Power (max): 300W
No Load Current: <100mA
Standby Current: <5mA
Dimentions (mm): 100 x 120 x 37
If it’s worth having a second battery, it’s worth protecting it with the Smart Start BCDC.
FOR ORDERS UNDER $199 VALUE:
Urban Delivery $7.90
Rural Delivery $12.90
FOR ORDERS OVER $199 VALUE: Free Delivery *
* We reserve the right to revise the free delivery offer on some bulky items (for example a large fridge travelling to Te Anau). In this case we will endeavor to offer a subsidized freight cost. If the delivery address is outside the North and South Islands (eg. Waiheke, Great Barrier, Stewart Islands), please contact us for a freight quote.
WE ONLY SEND ORDERS WITHIN NEW ZEALAND. If the delivery address is outside the North or South Islands (eg. Waiheke, Great Barrier, Stewart Islands), please contact us for a freight quote. Our automated online freight pricing only applies to North & South Island locations.
DELIVERY TIMES are estimates only and may be extended by factors outside of our control.
North Island (1-2 working days)
North Island Rural (2-3 working days)
South Island (1-3 working days)
South Island Rural (2-5 working days)