Majestic SATPOS20 Automatic Satellite Dish
The Majestic SATPOS20 is a widely used auto locating satellite dish found on the roof of many motorhomes and caravans in NZ.
Availability: In stock
Regular Price: $2,199.00
Special Price $1,899.00
Majestic SATPOS 20 Satellite Dish
The SATPOS 20 has been developed by Majestic for the NZ market. This smart sat dish automatically scans the sky and locks on to the satellite with the push of a button. With a large 60cm dish your get great TV reception within seconds of parking your motorhome.
Suitable for watching Freeview or Sky TV.
Satellite dish kit comes with:
1 x Satellite dish
1 x Satellite control box
1 x 10m coax cable
1 X 1m coax cable
1 x Mounting instructions
Dish diameter: 600 mm
Target satellite: Optus D1
|Power consumption||22W (only on startup)|
|LNB frequency||11.3 GHZ|
|Dimensions (mm)||380H Diameter=720|
|Warranty||3 year manufacturer warranty (requires online registration)|
- All good with our dish
Reply from RV World: Hi 'Views', thanks for your review. If you send me an email with your contact details we can help you to register your warranty. (Posted on 14/04/2012)
- Where to go next
***RESPONSE FROM RV WORLD***
Hi Colin. The SATPOS10 is an older unit (which we have never sold). It was replaced by the SATPOS20 about 3-4 years ago. One of the main reasons it was replaced is due to a change in the TV signal strength broadcast to many areas in NZ. The broadcast direction of the satellite (in space) was moved, this reduced the signal strength in many areas. When you upgraded the SATPOS10, I'm guessing just the internal reflector place (which collects the signal) was replaced with the SATPOS20 reflector and a larger cover was fitted to house the bigger reflector. You will probably still have the original SATPOS10 control box. The SATPOS20 control box has also been upgraded since the SATPOS10 model, much of this focuses on increases the signal strength. It may be worth considering upgrading this too. You could also try using a non-water based polish to reduce dew gathering on your dome. (Posted on 10/08/2011)
- Rain Fade
- read below
1) The design concept of the Majestic unit was much more appealing than other brands. Rather than have a beefy motor and beefy gears to withstand massive windloading, the internal parts are shielded from the nasty elements by a plastic dome.
2) Less demanding roof space requirements. Although an Oyster would have fitted, it would have been a tighter squeeze entailing some positioning compromises for other stuff.
3) Price was a lot more competitive & warranty backup is easily available here by Majestic
1) Visual impact. It’s a blister on the roof, having a bigger impact on some motorhomes than others. It doesn’t bother me, but would some. You can always paint it to match your vehicle colour. (Posted on 26/01/2010)
- gets my vote
- Great unit. Should have done it years ago
FOR ORDERS OVER $199 VALUE: Free Delivery.
FOR ORDERS UNDER $199 VALUE:
Urban Delivery $7.90
Rural Delivery $12.90
WE ONLY SEND ORDERS WITHIN NEW ZEALAND. If the delivery address is outside the North or South Islands (eg. Waiheke, Great Barrier, Stewart Islands), please contact us for a freight quote. Our automated online freight pricing only applies to North & South Island locations.
DELIVERY TIMES are estimates only and may be extended by factors outside of our control.
North Island (1-2 working days)
North Island Rural (2-3 working days)
South Island (1-3 working days)
South Island Rural (2-5 working days)